from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Work performed by hand.
- n. The product of a person's efforts and actions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Work done by the hands.
- n. Work done personally.
- n. The result of personal efforts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Work done by the hands; hence, any work done personally.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Work done by the hands, and hence by effort of any kind; doing; performance: as, a specimen of one's handiwork; the devil's handiwork.
- n. That which is done or made by the hands, or by any active exertion; a fabrication; a creation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a work produced by hand labor
This memo is identified as the handiwork of the “J-5 Response Cell.”
Today his handiwork is clearly visible to all of those who will take the time to look.
Now that handiwork is looking pretty shoddy as cancer cells are ravishing your body.
Well, if this brief, Mannheim-Steamroller-worthy MP3 sample of Thaler's handiwork is really the music of an immortal future, I have to admit, a mortal opt-out is looking better and better. posted by Matthew @ 9: 20 AM
"Everyone knows," Spurs owner Peter M. Holt said of his team's handiwork from a championship locker room, "this is damn near impossible."
Not by humans, but by Prowlers, a group of ancient creatures whose handiwork is typically thought to be that of wolves.
Home improvement stores in the U.S. have prospered in a country with a vast middle class where the incremental cost of paying someone else to do one's handiwork is prohibitive.
The design and handiwork is worth the money, though how much - it’s really always difficult to say when it comes to art and design.
Mohaqiq has since publicly decried Karzai's moves toward negotiations with the Taliban, but even though he doesn't support it, his handiwork is a malignant shaper of the process with regards to the rights of women.
What's most chilling about their handiwork is the cold, methodical language in their twisted analyses.