from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The act of employing.
- noun The state of being employed.
- noun The work in which one is engaged; occupation.
- noun An activity to which one devotes time.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of employing or using, or the state of being employed.
- noun Work or business of any kind, physical or mental; that which engages the head or hands; anything that occupies time or attention; office or position involving business: as, agricultural employments; mechanical employments; public employment.
- noun An implement. Nares. [Rare.]
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of employing or using; also, the state of being employed.
- noun That which engages or occupies; that which consumes time or attention; office or post of business; service
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
- noun The act of
- noun The state of being
- noun The
workor occupationfor which one is used, and often paid
- noun An
activityto which one devotes time
- noun economics The
numberor percentageof peopleat work
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of giving someone a job
- noun the occupation for which you are paid
- noun the state of being employed or having a job
- noun the act of using
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
They do not stop to reflect that so much wealth has been wiped out of the world, and that _instead of the destruction furnishing so much additional employment, it has only changed the direction of the employment_.
“Mooney was hoping his attack would result in employment from a security firm …”
“Mooney was hoping his attack would result in employment from a security firm, rather than prosecution, says PC Magazine.”
April 13th, 2009 at 4: 57 pm âMooney was hoping his attack would result in employment from a security firmâ ¦ â well sure, they still need a junior janitor they can piss on all day. kevin Says:
Mooney was hoping his attack would result in employment from a security firm, rather than prosecution, says PC Magazine.
Growth in employment is pretty much all immigrants and Public sector sinecures.
In Rochester that racial discrimination in employment is wrong, even where its ostensible goal is to help minorities?
Moreover, shutting down their ability to gain employment is dangerous.
The current rise in employment can therefore be at least partially attributed to the Bush tax cuts of several years ago (employment is a very lagging indicator – almost the last thing to show results from economic policy changes).
But more women will have to become much more aggressive than they are at present if equal opportunity in employment is to be achieved.