from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The act of attending.
- noun The persons or number of persons that are present.
- noun The frequency with which a person is present.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of attending or attending on.
- noun The body of persons attending for any purpose: as, a large attendance is requested.
- noun Attendants collectively; persons waiting on one to render him service; a train; a retinue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun obsolete Attention; regard; careful application.
- noun The act of attending; state of being in waiting; service; ministry; the fact of being present; presence.
- noun obsolete Waiting for; expectation.
- noun The persons attending; a retinue; attendants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The state of
- noun The
countor listof individuals present for an event.
- noun The
frequencywith which one has been present for a regular activity or set of events.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of being present (at a meeting or event etc.)
- noun the frequency with which a person is present
- noun the number of people that are present
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
In my (limited) experience, it seems that writing conferences, groups, seminars, etc. always go much better when everyone in attendance is dedicated to writing (and the day).
I guess Bo Bo's secret meeting with only Democraps in attendance is his idea of "transparency".
Hey look on the bright side I'm sure somebody in attendance is capable of exorcisms.
Whether or not the pastor purposely choose the subject of the sermon because he knew that Senator Clinton was going to be in attendance is irrelevant.
The unique opportunity to talk to various celebrities in attendance is an added bonus.
One reason for a thin attendance is that members may well be engaged in a number of committee meetings that are taking place around the palace of Westminster.
How much of the drop in attendance is gender driven and how much is soccer driven?
He believes this season's drop in attendance is because of the gross disparity in revenue, along with a slow economy.
So in drawing boundaries, we under this plan would follow lines that have already been drawn by OPS for what they call attendance areas for the high schools.
National Public Radio has advised staff not to attend, while the Washington Post, putting its finest linguists on the case, has concluded that "attendance" is acceptable but "participation" is not.