from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process or art of finding candidates for a post in an organization, or of recruits for the armed forces
- n. A style or process of recruiting
- n. The addition of new recruits to a population.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of recruiting; especially, the enlistment of men for an army.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or business of recruiting; the act of raising new supplies of men for an army or a navy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of getting recruits; enlisting people for the army (or for a job or a cause etc.)
Now, what with recession/credit crunch/35+ scheme, many of those old sweats are choosing to stay on meaning that baseline recruitment is having to tail off … on October 28, 2009 at 11: 23 am kKop
Perhaps most crucially, it has led to the discharges of hundreds of specialists serving in the very fields -- linguistics, intelligence, and medical services -- in which recruitment is sorely lacking.
Here are the questions (since recruitment is now disabled) from WolfpackPMC. com:
You do read that recruitment is an issue, but Jaysus.
"The volume recruitment is gradually coming back, often from companies that skipped a year and are now paying the price with a much heavier workload."
The overview The management consulting sector experienced a significant recovery in recruitment in the first half of the year, says Alan Leaman, the chief executive of the Management Consultancies Association.
Although City's recruitment is backed by Mansour's extraordinary chequebook, negotiated through football's thicket of agents and complicated by other clubs 'priorities, Marwood argues that it is methodical.
Given the fact that managers and supervisors are now required to be more involved in recruitment, it could be very helpful if they are impressed with you.
Having been involved in recruitment I have at great personal risk managed to get hold of a computer disk containing the formula on how to become a Chief Constable … ..
And he knows that the best weapon against this propaganda, this recruitment, is an image of America as a place that welcomes and accepts law-abiding Muslims.