from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Making active and effective.
- n. The process of making a radioisotope by bombarding a stable element with neutrons or protons.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the process of making active.
- n. making active and effective (as a bomb).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of rendering active or the state of being activated; specifically, in physics, the process or method of producing radioactivity in a body by exposure to the influence of a radioactive substance or otherwise; the state or condition of being radioactive; ionization.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. stimulation of activity in an organism or chemical
- n. the activity of causing to have energy and be active
- n. making active and effective (as a bomb)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
On page 3 of the FM3 booklet, the original date of activation is typed in when you first entered México. 30 days before that date is when the first renewal must be applied for.
Demonstration, without activation is wasted energy ..
Long-term activation of the immune system, as in autoimmune disease, also seems to go along with depression.
The problem with using the middle mouse button for the AltTabMenu activation is that you will need to press the middle mouse button again after you have selected the dialog that you want.
Once the equipment was in my hot, sweaty hands I called the activation service and after following a mercifully short menu a human being answered.
I personally refuse to put SecuROM on my system, and the whole idea of limited activation is repugnant to me.
Notably absent were any increases in activation of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain most associated with reasoning (as well as conscious efforts to suppress emotion).
Notes: The Wild reassigned RW Mattias Weinhandl to Houston of the AHL after he cleared waivers to make room for Demitra's activation from the injured list.
Obviously, ubiquitin activation was necessary for the cell to function and reproduce itself at all.
Brain activation during the positive-emotions condition was not linked to differences in antibody levels.