from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An item used to identify something or someone, as a small piece of paper or cloth attached to an article to designate its origin, owner, contents, use, or destination.
- noun A descriptive term; an epithet.
- noun A distinctive name or trademark identifying a product or manufacturer, especially a recording company.
- noun Architecture A molding over a door or window; a dripstone.
- noun Heraldry A figure in a field consisting of a narrow horizontal bar with several pendants.
- transitive verb To attach a label to.
- transitive verb To identify or designate with a descriptive term; describe or classify.
- transitive verb Chemistry To add a tracer to (a compound).
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A small loosely hanging flap; specifically, a pendant like a broad ribbon hanging from a head-dress; a lappet.
- noun In heraldry:
- noun One of the ribbons that hang down from a miter or the electoral crown. See
infula, 3 .
- noun A fillet resembling a barrulet with three or more pendent drops or points, which were originally straight with parallel sides, but are now usually shaped like a dovetail.
- noun A slip of paper or any other material, bearing a name, title, address, or the like, affixed to something to indicate its nature, contents, ownership, destination, or other particulars.
- noun A narrow slip of parchment or paper, or a ribbon of silk, affixed to a diploma, deed, or other formal writing, to hold the appended seal.
- noun In law, a paper annexed to a will by way of addition, as a codicil.
- noun A small reserved space in a work of art, or the like, forming a panel or cartouche, used for containing a name, monogram, or other mark for identification.
- noun In medieval architecture, a projecting tablet or molding over a door or window. See
dripstone, Also called label-molding.
- noun A long, thin brass rule, with a small sight at one end and a centerhole at the other, commonly used with a tangent line on the edge of a circumferentor, to take altitudes, etc.
- noun Border; verge; marge.
- To affix a label to; mark with a label: as, to
labela package to be despatched by express.
- To designate or describe by or on a label; characterize by inscription: as, the bottle was labeled poison.
- To set forth or describe in a label (in the legal sense).
- In architecture, to furnish with labels or hood-moldings. See
label, n., 7.
- noun In botany, same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To affix a label to; to mark with a name, etc..
- transitive verb rare To affix in or on a label.
- noun obsolete A tassel.
- noun A slip of silk, paper, parchment, etc., affixed to anything, and indicating, usually by an inscription, the contents, ownership, destination, etc..
- noun A slip of ribbon, parchment, etc., attached to a document to hold the appended seal; also, the seal.
- noun A writing annexed by way of addition, as a codicil added to a will.
- noun (Her.) A barrulet, or, rarely, a bendlet, with pendants, or points, usually three, especially used as a mark of cadency to distinguish an eldest or only son while his father is still living.
- noun A brass rule with sights, formerly used, in connection with a circumferentor, to take altitudes.
- noun (Gothic Arch.) The name now generally given to the projecting molding by the sides, and over the tops, of openings in mediæval architecture. It always has a square form, as in the illustration.
- noun In mediæval art, the representation of a band or scroll containing an inscription.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A small
ticketor signgiving informationabout something to which it is attachedor intendedto be attached.
- noun A
namegiven to something or someone to categorisethem as part of a particularsocial group.
- noun A
companythat sells records.
- noun computing A user-defined
aliasfor a numerical designation, the reverse of an enumeration.
- noun computing A named place in
source codethat can be jumped to using a GOTOor equivalent construct.
- verb transitive To
puta label (a ticket or sign) on (something).
- verb transitive To give a label to (someone or something) in order to categorise that person or thing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb assign a label to; designate with a label
- verb pronounce judgment on
- noun an identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object
- noun trade name of a company that produces musical recordings
- verb distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
- verb attach a tag or label to
- noun a radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
- verb distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The must-win label is overused, but it almost fits for this game.
Check the title label below for even more frontline comics
This issue should complete the whole series check the title label below if your missing the other issues Classic EC horror/scifi series.
Have Gun will Travel had a few single issues in the four color series but here is the actual series for the hit tv show. #1-3 were four color issues - check the title label below for those issues.
Vol #1 was previously posted- check the title label below
(Soundbite of music) VITALE: The band's name, Los Guachos, is Argentine slang that Guillermo Klein's record label translates as homeboys.
Download at megaupload cbz new link download the covers a little chewed up but the interior is good cbz download cbz download check the title label below for even more issues!
The ubiquitin label is disconnected and the protein is admitted and chopped into small pieces.
- BugFix: The title label's font size didn't change when the size factor was changed in the settings.
That lightning series concept has now been brought to their mid-range product line as well, under another label label though -- HAWK.