from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who identifies; a person who establishes the identity of.
- n. Something that identifies or uniquely points to something or someone else.
- n. A guidebook that helps determine the specific class of an object (such as a mushroom, herb, fish, bird, drug, or mineral), or its individual identity (such as that of a star).
- n. A formal name used in source code to refer to a variable, function, procedure, package, etc. or in an operating system to refer to a process, user, group, etc.
- n. A primary key.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who recognizes and proves the identity of others, especially of criminals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a symbol that establishes the identity of the one bearing it
The idea that Google would have stopped using the cookie as user identifier is rediculous.
My natural identifier is my MAC address, and I would love the world to have a MAC-based Wifi for all, including an automated enforced return of stolen property: it would be safer, more secure, more convenient, obviouly more intuitive and easier.
A thinglink identifier is based on the idea that many of the things we use in our daily life are quite particular.
The VPN Default identifier is already available in the Main CVC if the template includes it.
Note the identifier from the resulting display to approve or reject a request. approve identifier
VPN slot: identifier or VPN identifier is the slot (VPN 5002 and 5008 only) and number you specified for the Tunnel Partner section.
Rejects a server certificate request that was imported using the certificate request import command. identifier is the identifier for the request, as shown using the certificate request pending command.
A VPN identifier is a unique number associated with each tunnel.
The VPN identifier is added to the drop-down list.
When inquiring, please provide her tag identifier number, A11608190-PAC.