from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Type or kind: can't trust people of that ilk.
- pro. Scots The same. Used following a name to indicate that the one named resides in an area bearing the same name: Duncan of that ilk.
- adj. Variant of ilka.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The same.
- n. A type, race or category; a group of entities that have common characteristics such that they may be grouped together.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Same; each; every.
- n. Kind; class; sort; type; ; -- sometimes used to indicate disapproval when applied to people.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same; very same: often used absolutely with that.
- Hence, blunderingly — Of that sort or kind: as, men of that ilk.
- Each; every.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a kind of person
A lead lobotomy for KSM and his ilk is almost too good for them.
However, what drives me crazy about Bella and her ilk is the I-cannot-possibly-live-without-this-person kind of "love" that is put out there.
The thought of a witch-hunt, involving the loss of inspector gadget, and other officers, both serving and retired of his ilk is anethema to those who look for the overall picture.
The problem with Bill Kristol and his ilk is their reverence of this very limited option as the “go to” foreign policy option.
The only thing you'll be able to count on with Rubio and his ilk is one more turn at crony capitalism and promises to pass a constitutional amendment to ban pants on the ground for distraction.
As with Neil getting squashed for his "affair" with a 15 year old girl, those of this ilk is like stepping on a pregnant cockroach and all one gets is the satisfaction of hearing the splat.
The biggest difference between me and my ilk, is that I take responsibility for my own situation.
But, the static thinking of John Avlon and other of his ilk is wrong in the [21st] Century.
It seems that the talk about reform from your ilk is designed to mask the fact you hate the very existence of it …
Simms said the spot that's most natural for Cowher, Dungy, Shanahan and their ilk is on the sideline.