from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a distribution in shares
- noun having in common
- noun using or enjoying something jointly with others
- noun sharing thoughts and feelings
- adjective unselfishly willing to share with others
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Since the ringtone business is commoditized with a few large storefronts, sharing communities and many “DO IT YOURSELF” apps, they must have decided that it was not worth losing the rest of their money just to be another mediocre ’sharing community/marketplace for ringtones’ with no exit in sight.
This essay uses the term sharing in the sense of primary usage orientated around borrowing and lending rather than 'let me show you the photos I took at last night's party'.
My latest Guardian column, "Free data sharing is here to stay," is live -- it's an argument about the "information economy," and whether restricting copying hurts or helps it.
* And even with that chilling effect, the Pew study still has one in seven American Internet users file-sharing -- in other words, file-sharing is still solidly mainstream and nowhere near being "driven underground."
The guitarist - delivering the first annual BBC 6 Music John Peel Lecture at the Radio Festival in Salford, Lancashire, yesterday - said: "The word 'sharing' surely means giving away something you have earned, or made, or paid for?"
"The word 'sharing' surely means giving away something you have earned, or made, or paid for?" he said.
The authors specifically exclude the neo-fascist movement in the west, which they describe as sharing few of the progressive and internationalist values of the other social forces.
It's sitting back and relaxing; what I call sharing "the common life."
That is what you call sharing of power and it is in line with the BN spirit …
It's a principle he firmly defends in discussing his own work, which he describes as sharing "an existential view of addiction" with Trocchi.