from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The act of acquiring.
- noun Something acquired or gained.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of acquiring or gaining possession: as, the acquisition of property.
- noun That which is acquired or gained; especially, a material possession obtained by any means, but sometimes used in the plural of mental gains.
- noun Synonyms Acquirements, Acquisitions, etc. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act or process of acquiring.
- noun (Business, Finance) The purchase of one commercial enterprise by another, whether for cash, or in a trade of stock of the purchasing company for that of the purchased company.
- noun The thing acquired or gained; an acquirement; a gain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The act or process of
- noun The thing acquired or gained; a gain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of contracting or assuming or acquiring possession of something
- noun an ability that has been acquired by training
- noun something acquired
- noun the cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Without question, the Khabibulin acquisition is the most important trade in Lightning history.
He says far from being an exit, the acquisition is a new beginning for him and his team.
Oracle says that this acquisition is to be accretive to its earnings by at least 15 cents on a non-GAAP basis in the first full year after closing.
If the acquisition is approved, Barton wants the same questions answered for DoubleClick.
The Journal said the acquisition is the latest of several undertaken by News Corp. to expand in the Internet in recent months.
This acquisition is a mammoth undertaking for Amoco Canada, but it is one that the company eagerly accepts.
"If you take a look at a lot of these failures you'll see a common thread in many of them is what we call acquisition development and construction loans as well as some commercial real estate," said FDIC spokesman David Barr. The trend of bank closings will not decrease in the months ahead, said Kenneth Thomas, a Miami-based independent bank analyst and economist.
If acquisition is no longer a priority, important national treasures may well be sold abroad, possibly lost to the citizens of this country for centuries.
Participant knowledge acquisition is measured by pre and post testing.
"This acquisition is consistent with our strategy to extend our reach in U.S. geographies where we do not already have a strong presence," said John Golliher, president of Sally unit Beauty Systems Group.