from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Something that takes place; an event or incident. synonym: occurrence.
- noun An improvised, often spontaneous spectacle or performance, especially one involving audience participation.
- adjective Informal Popular or trendy.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An occurrence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun something that happens; an occurrence; an event.
- noun An event that is particularly interesting, noteworthy, or important.
- noun An artistic or entertainment event that is unconventional, sometimes discontinuous, designed to evoke strong emotions, and sometimes involving participation by the audience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
- adjective slang, of a place Busy, lively; vibrant, dynamic; fashionable.
- adjective slang
- noun Something that happens.
- noun A
spontaneousor improvised event, especially one that involves audience participation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an event that happens
Sorry, no etymologies found.
And I couldn't even use the Gift I'd been born with, the telepathy that would have let me know who to trust, how to protect myself, maybe even let me understand why the things that always seemed to be happening to me kept happening_ '
An estate upon condition is one which depends upon the happening _or not happening_ of some event.
To go as long as I have without something like this happening is a miracle.
Lizzy on Jul 3, 2008 one amendment to my post. i take back saying that the whole of what's "happening" is a joke. there is a strong, clear message behind it.
I object to the term “nationalization” when what was happening is simply a liquidation (more to the point, a quick liquidation in a down market).
The only thing that can stop this from happening is an irrational attachment to having a weak public option provision part of a bill right now.
All I see happening is people trying to score political points.
The only thing happening is that more of our soldiers are getting killed everyday.
I'm not saying it will happen, but the risk of it happening is real and one that you should approach with a little more humility and respect.
Whats happening is that these political operatives are using the TEA movement to get themselves elected and continue just as they did before.