from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Bustle; fuss; trouble; bother.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. To do; in doing; as, there is nothing ado.
- n. Doing; trouble; difficulty; troublesome business; fuss; bustle; as, to make a great ado about trifles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. To do; in doing.
- n. Doing; trouble; difficulty; troublesome business; fuss; bustle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To do.
- In doing; being done.
- n. Doing; action; business; bustle; trouble; labor; difficulty: as, to persuade one with much ado.
- n. A suffix of Latin origin, the Spanish masculine form of -ade, -ate, as in renegado, desperado, etc. In some words -ado is an erroneous form of -ada, as in bastinado. See -ada.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rapid active commotion
My cuñado is an American citizen and one of his sons was born in México, his mother is from Canada but she has lived in The US for over 40 years.
Not being a Canadian, I can't specifically answer your question, but but my cuñado is a dual US-Mexican citizen.
"However, ladies and gentlemen, you haven't come here to listen to me" (this evokes applause, the first of the evening), "so without more ado" (the man always has the impression that there's been a lot of "ado," but I never see any of it) "I'll now introduce Mr. Leacock."
The novel is of its very nature an "ado," an ado about something, and the larger the form it takes the greater of course the ado.
So without further 'ado' here's my Future of the Left article from the June issue of
Without further ado, we present: the 10 bitchiest reality stars of all time.
And without further ado, here's Charity dancing to These Precious Things by Tori Amos.
Without further ado, here are some of my savvy stylish flying tips:
So without further ado, here's his "Avengers" video -- let the Easter egg-hunting commence!
KB: There has been much ado in the states lately about banning plastic bags; cities are banning them and we're learning to love canvas in their place.