from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rope or chain for towing a boat.
- n. A cord; a string.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rope or chain for towing a boat; also, a cord; a string.
- intransitive v. To work hard; to strive; to fuse.
- transitive v. To prepare by beating or working, as leather or hemp; to taw.
- transitive v. Hence, to beat; to scourge; also, to pull about; to maul; to tease; to vex.
- transitive v. To tow along, as a vessel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To beat, mix, or pound; prepare by beating, etc.
- To taw, as leather.
- To work; prepare by working; be actively employed in or about.
- To scourge; beat; drub.
- To haul; pull; tow.
- To lead on; work up.
- To work; keep busy; bustle. Also too.
- n. A tow-rope or -chain.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
*plais Teh Irish Washerwoman onna conserteena fer kafleen tew jig tew*
Yes, nom de plume is a name tew be riting under, wif nom = name an plume=pen, or, literally “pen name.”
September 15, 2008 at 2:42 am ohai janet, ai lost mai mom in ’92. for teh longest time ai wud pick up teh phone to call her tew tell her wutebber wuz teh latest…….an den ai wud member dat her wuzznt ansrin teh phone. let us be yer phone call tew yer mom!
Emayo him elebentee messiges sayin “forward tew a kabillion peeps er die!”
March 25, 2008 at 2:31 pm otay. remembur, tho, ai haz a tew akahall drink limut. dunt dwink&dwive!
Mai Daddeh did 38 yeerz Serbiss.my Mum did her tyme tewAs fambly we am titled tew hab ennee helf or surjikal needz performed frew dem.
Squire, ye hain't got no call tew explain it tew us.
Mos 'folks ud sartingly say ez I hed call tew hev hard feelin's agin' ye.
it workted! i gotz mai pikshure and mai bleu name tew!
Ai can’t get mai name tew linx tew mai ICHC profile.