from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- An island of the central Philippines in the Visayan Islands between Leyte and Negros. Magellan landed on the island in 1521. The city of Cebu has an important harbor on the eastern coast. The city's population is 761,900.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Island in central Philippines.
- proper n. Province in central Philippines.
- proper n. City in the Philippines, the capital of Cebu province.
- n. A bovine animal featured in The Song of the Cebu (incorrectly spelled in song - correct spelling is zebu - Original Species)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. one of the Visayan islands of the central Philippines, important for its fine harbor.
- proper n. an important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the Visayan islands of the central Philippines; important for its fine harbor
- n. an important seaport on the island of Cebu in the Philippines
Sorry, no etymologies found.
CEBU CITY-Not so fast, Manny Villar; Cebu is still for Gilbert 'Gibo' Teodoro.
CEBU, Philippines - Valentine's Day did not only become a time to show love for other people, but also for the environment by the members of AAGAPAY or Alalay at Gabay sa Pag-unlad ng Pamayanan, who conducted a coastal cleanup activity in the town of Moalboal, Cebu.
The famed “dancing inmates” of Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center in Cebu, Philippines, have a new routine, this time to a Queen medley (that also includes “Mr. Roboto,” which is Styx, but okay).
First there's the 1,500 prisoners in Cebu, Philippines, and their amazing synchronized dancing:
Cebu is the second largest city in the Philippines — a lot of questionable things are going on there at any given time.
As of this writing, I have already received pledges from stakeholders in Cebu, Bicol, an
*** Aviation Shares in Cebu Air, better known as Cebu Pacific, rose 6.4% at the close of its debut trading in the second largest-ever initial public offering in the Philippines.
FAIL. keanoidd: Obesity is the real swine flu. eybiay: wishes that the suspected swine flu case in Cebu is not true.
Cebu is a low-cost Philippine airline that focuses on being the "fun airline."
Recently, Allan Murillo sent us photos of the furniture his company is designing/producing in Cebu, Philippines.