from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A disorderly fight, argument, or competition in which everyone present participates. synonym: brawl.
- noun A disorderly situation in which there is little regard for authority or rules.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun a noisy and disordered fight conducted without rules.
- noun Any vigorous competition in which anyone can compete, with few or no rules, and in which the winner is unpredictable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun idiomatic
Chaos; a chaotic situation lacking rules or control.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a noisy fight in a crowd
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.