from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A condition of turbulent motion.
- n. An agitated disturbance; a hubbub: heard a commotion in the hall.
- n. Civil disturbance or insurrection; disorder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A state of turbulent motion.
- n. An agitated disturbance or a hubbub.
- n. sexual excitement
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Disturbed or violent motion; agitation.
- n. A popular tumult; public disturbance; riot.
- n. Agitation, perturbation, or disorder, of mind; heat; excitement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A violent movement or agitation: as. the commotion of the sea.
- n. Hence Tumult of people; political or social disturbance; turbulence; disorder; sedition; insurrection.
- n. Mental agitation; perturbation; disorder of mind; excitement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a disorderly outburst or tumult
- n. the act of making a noisy disturbance
- n. confused movement
In this installment we get to see all the players converge on a yacht owned by one of the richest men in New York, and discover what all the commotion is about.
I really don't see what all the commotion is about.
The minute you step into his bedroom, loud alarms sound and Disney cast members come running to see what all the commotion is about.
All this commotion is caused by the fact that she INSISTS on making this trip NOW.
Wednesday's commotion is likely to give both candidates a financial boost.
One morning, several days later, the arena was vexed by uproar and commotion from the animal cages.
Some of the commotion is unsettling if you are tyring to have a normal home life.
You should reconsider how you look at the world - the most obvious reason for all of this commotion is "A Mistake".
In a moment the decks were in commotion, Johansen bellowing orders and the men pulling or letting go ropes of various sorts — all naturally confusing to a landsman such as myself.
Equipped with a gas mask devised by Lucius, Batman tries to see what the commotion is down on the streets.