from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Joined together; united.
- adjective Acting in association; combined.
- adjective Music Of or relating to successive tones of the scale, moving step by step.
- noun One that is in conjunction or association with another.
- noun Logic One of the components of a conjunction.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Conjoined; conjoint; united; associated; concurrent.
- noun A combination; an association; a union.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Archaic United; conjoined; concurrent.
- adjective (Her.) Same as
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun logic Either
termof a conjunction
- noun linguistics An
adjunctthat supplements a sentencewith information, not considered to be an essential part of the propositionalcontent, that connects the sentence with previous parts of the discourse, as "therefore" in "It was raining. Therefore, we didn't go swimming."
acting together; collaborative
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective bound in close association
- adjective progressing melodically by intervals of a second
- adjective involving the joint activity of two or more
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
In short, if a man comprehends the watch in a rational way he must comprehend it in what may he called a conjunct way.
When two planets are near each other as pictured they are considered "conjunct".
They may physically join together as a "conjunct," or ligature, a process called samyoga (meaning "yoked together" in
The book had to be written by Captain Kangaroo, what with his penis, vagina and dream planets conjunct in Leo with his cherry red chipper dapper coat to match.
Planets conjunct the nadir show powers and abilities.
Planets conjunct the mid heaven show powers and abilities over others.
The conjunct statement said that they "will continue our advocacyagainst the provisions of SB 1070 and will monitor the implementation of the provisions allowed bythe ruling."
Mad Cow in west sussex, england Dec 22, 1984-a new moon conjunct Neptune.
It is also conjunct my midheaven, give or take a minuite of arc or two.
Exaltation is when the natal Sun is conjunct the natural ruler of the sign that the Sun is resident in.