from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Joined together; united.
- adj. Acting in association; combined: "the conjunct . . . influences of fire and strong drink” ( Thomas Love Peacock).
- adj. Music Of or relating to successive tones of the scale, moving step by step: conjunct motion; a conjunct melody.
- n. One that is in conjunction or association with another.
- n. Logic One of the components of a conjunction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either term of a conjunction
- n. An adjunct that supplements a sentence with information, not considered to be an essential part of the propositional content, that connects the sentence with previous parts of the discourse, as "therefore" in "It was raining. Therefore, we didn't go swimming."
- adj. conjoined
- adj. acting together; collaborative
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. United; conjoined; concurrent.
- adj. Same as Conjoined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Conjoined; conjoint; united; associated; concurrent.
- n. A combination; an association; a union.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bound in close association
- adj. progressing melodically by intervals of a second
- adj. involving the joint activity of two or more
In short, if a man comprehends the watch in a rational way he must comprehend it in what may he called a conjunct way.
When two planets are near each other as pictured they are considered "conjunct".
They may physically join together as a "conjunct," or ligature, a process called samyoga (meaning "yoked together" in
The book had to be written by Captain Kangaroo, what with his penis, vagina and dream planets conjunct in Leo with his cherry red chipper dapper coat to match.
The conjunct statement said that they "will continue our advocacyagainst the provisions of SB 1070 and will monitor the implementation of the provisions allowed bythe ruling."
It is also conjunct my midheaven, give or take a minuite of arc or two.
Exaltation is when the natal Sun is conjunct the natural ruler of the sign that the Sun is resident in.
Planets conjunct the nadir show powers and abilities.
Planets conjunct the mid heaven show powers and abilities over others.
Mad Cow in west sussex, england Dec 22, 1984-a new moon conjunct Neptune.