from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive verb To turn up or over.
- intransitive verb To upset; overturn.
- intransitive verb To direct upward.
- intransitive verb To turn over or up.
- noun An upward movement, curve, or trend, as in business activity.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To turn up: as, to
upturnthe ground in plowing.
- To turn up.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To turn up; to direct upward; to throw up.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun an
upward turnor trend, especially in business activityor profit
- verb to
turn(something) upor over
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an upward movement or trend as in business activity
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
up- + turn
Sorry, no example sentences found.