from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An act of enlarging or the state of being enlarged.
- noun Something that enlarges; an addition.
- noun Something that has been enlarged, especially a photographic reproduction or a copy larger than the original print or negative.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of increasing in size or bulk, real or apparent; the state of being increased; augmentation; dilatation; expansion: as, the enlargement of a field by the addition of two or three acres; enlargement of the heart.
- noun Something added on; an addition.
- noun Expansion or extension, as of powers and influence; an increase of capacity, scope, or comprehension, as of the sympathies and character.
- noun Release from captivity, bondage, distress, or the like; a setting at large or at liberty.
- noun The state or condition of being at large or unrestrained.
- noun Diffuseness of speech or writing; expatiation on a particular subject; extended discourse or argument.
- noun In the calculus of finite differences, the operation of changing a function by adding unity to the variable. It is denoted by the letter E. Thus, E log x = log (x + 1).
- noun In photography, a picture of any kind, especially a positive, made of a larger size than the negative from which it is taken. See
solar printing, under printing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of increasing in size or bulk, real or apparent; the state of being increased; augmentation; further extension; expansion.
- noun Expansion or extension, as of the powers of the mind; ennoblement, as of the feelings and character.
- noun A setting at large, or being set at large; release from confinement, servitude, or distress; liberty.
- noun Diffusiveness of speech or writing; expatiation; a wide range of discourse or argument.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The act of making something
- noun figuratively A making more obvious or serious;
- noun An
image, particularly a photograph, that has been enlarged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the state of being enlarged
- noun the act of increasing (something) in size or volume or quantity or scope
- noun a discussion that provides additional information
- noun a photographic print that has been enlarged
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Breast enlargement is not a human right (at least in the UK).
However, with the advent of high quality prenatal ultrasonography, ventricular enlargement is now routinely diagnosed in-utero.
Breast enlargement is not a human right  (at least in the UK).
Safe and effective penis enlargement is possible with penis enlargement products.
Security Council enlargement is code generally for increased international representation.
It seems that EU enlargement is not only costing us a fortune, creating enormous difficulties with the mass migration of populations, but also causing huge problems in the enlargement countries themselves.
This round of enlargement is only part of an ongoing process.
Neck, tumor of the thyroid, including enlarged lymph nodes and benign tumors, if the enlargement is of such a degree as to interfere with wearing of ordinary clothing.
Goitre, simple, if enlargement is of such a degree as to interfere with the wearing of ordinary clothing.
Tumor of thyroid or other structures of neck, including enlarged lymph nodes and benign tumors of the neck, if the enlargement is of such degree as to interfere with the wearing of ordinary clothing.