from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of revising.
- n. A revised or new version, as of a book or other written material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of revising:
- n. A changed edition, or new version; a modification.
- n. A story corrected or expanded by a writer commissioned by the original author.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of revising; reëxamination for correction; review
- n. That which is made by revising.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of revising; reëxamination and correction: as, the revision of statistics; the revision of a book, of a creed, etc.
- n. That which is revised; a revised edition or version; specifically [capitalized], the revised English version of the Bible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of rewriting something
- n. something that has been written again
- n. the act of revising or altering (involving reconsideration and modification)
The label revision applied to both Alli, sold over the counter, and Xenical, the prescription form.
Biotech analyst Joel Sendek said the label revision for recently approved Cubicin, a treatment for a certain type of staph infection, is "not as good as it appears to be," in a report sent to clients on Wednesday.
One more revision is incoming, and I did a readthrough of every single word of House Name because at this point, I need it.
I myself am finding the uselessness of word counts in revision to be positively restful.
The revision is utterly meaningless and one can only hope it is as transparently meaningless to the decent citizens of the republic as it is to the racists at whom the governor is winking.
And at first, I thought you were really asking how long it takes to write a good novel – and I was going to say a long time, especially because revision is going to take a while.
"The revision is not expected to jeopardize the budget deficit targets for 2010 by any significant amount, nor the goals set for 2011," the person added.
The German chancellor, who had been hoping for a wholesale treaty revision, is expected to secure, at best, a change under a process known as the simplified revision procedure.
How much of your time is spent writing the first draft, and how much time is spent in revision?
I fear that workshops like Clarion tend to focus on getting you to write a lot of first drafts of stories, but not so much on how to revise those drafts properly; and revision is a skill unto itself, probably the most critical skill of all.