from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To bring up to date: update a textbook; update the files.
- n. Information that updates something.
- n. The act or an instance of bringing something up to date.
- n. An updated version of something.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An advisement providing more up-to-date information than currently known.
- n. A change in information, a modification of existing or known data.
- n. An additional piece of information. An addition to existing information.
- n. A modification of something to a more recent, up-to-date version; (in software) a minor upgrade.
- n. A version of something which is newer than other versions.
- v. To bring (a thing) up to date.
- v. To bring (a person) up to date: to inform (a person) about recent developments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. news that updates your information
- v. bring to the latest state of technology
- v. bring up to date; supply with recent information
- v. modernize or bring up to date
The label update announced Tuesday is separate from a pending decision from the FDA commissioner about whether to strip the approval of Avastin for breast cancer.
In June 2011 AMAG announced a label update for its lead drug Feraheme.
The label update includes among other items a decrease in the observation time, from 60 minutes to 30 minutes, of patients administered with Feraheme for signs and symptoms of hypersensitivity.
They've also released a title update that fixes a number of bugs and exploits, which you can read about here .
Xbox Live Operations Blog attributes this to the title update and map pack releasing in the wrong order.
"Unfortunately, the Stimulus Package doesn't function correctly without the title update,"
The title update is required whether or not you choose to purchase the Stimulus Package.
According to Microsoft, the DLC was released ahead of the title update but the new content doesn't function properly without the title update.
However, the title update/patch itself (without the issue) is needed for both platforms in order to fix some main game items, as well as enable functionality for Return to Ostagar, and future functionality that benefits upcoming DLC.
The issue we saw on 360, which was introduced with the title update, also exists on the PS3 patch that was planned to go out with the Return to Ostagar DLC for PS3 - it is a console agnostic issue.