from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A second or new birth; reincarnation.
- n. A renaissance; a revival: a rebirth of classicism in architecture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Reincarnation; new birth subsequent to one's first.
- n. Revival, reinvigoration.
- n. Spiritual renewal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Renewed birth; a repeated birth into temporal existence, as of a soul, according to the doctrine of metempsychosis; a new entrance into a living form: now oftener called reincarnation.
- n. Renewed life or activity; entrance into a new course or phase of existence; reanimation; resuscitation; renascence; regeneration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the revival of learning and culture
- n. after death the soul begins a new cycle of existence in another human body
- n. a spiritual enlightenment causing a person to lead a new life
- n. a second or new birth
The engine of this rebirth is a young highly motivated population with high intellectual potential, a potential that grew out of our strong education tradition, a potential we are willing to share with others since we are the youngest society in Europe.
Does that mean that all the hype about Chile's rebirth is merited?
Now, a rebirth is nigh: Gaylord will reopen Opryland on Nov. 15 after spending $270 million to restore the resort as well as the adjacent Grand Ole Opry and the Wildhorse Saloon.
Indeed, the Fed's resolve to fight deflation risks in my view is a key factor that will help with what I call the rebirth of pricing power ...
Africa's "renaissance" or rebirth is in the hands of its young people yearning to breathe free and struggling to exert their creative impulses to lift the continent out of poverty and dictatorship.
I believe in rebirth and I hope that Micheal Dell is reborn as a Dell Tech Support guy in India …
No death or rebirth is too small to be marveled over and recorded, but paradoxically, Klinkenborg's careful observation and reflective, uncomplicated language generate their own suspense .....
For this reason you believe in rebirth in spite of the degradation and frailty of man.
Furthermore, by encouraging the growth -- or rather "rebirth" --- of our forgotten manufacturing base, a system of tariffs would encourage the production of goods for export, thus bringing in yet more revenue.
Series creator Shonda Rhimes has said in interviews that the season will be about "rebirth" -- the premiere is titled "With You I'm Born Again" -- and their wedding will symbolize that.