from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of resuming; a beginning again: resumption of negotiations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of resuming or starting something again.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of resuming
- n. The taking again into the king's hands of such lands or tenements as he had granted to any man on false suggestions or other error.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of resuming, taking back, or taking again: as, the resumption of a grant; specifically, in law, the taking again by the state of such lands or tenements, etc., as on false suggestion or other error had been granted by letters patent.
- n. Specifically In U. S. hist, and politics, the return to specie payments by the government.
- n. In Welsh prosody, the practice of beginning every verse with the same letter, which is sustained throughout.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. beginning again
And the third problem, the resumption, is alright by me because it makes the question easier to comprehend.
First, the challenge isn't to permanent detention, but rather indefinite detention, so the real threat of its resumption is enough to make it real.
Hurricane Mitch has disrupted traffic flow through the region, but over the longer term resumption or even an increase in trafficking activity remains possible.
After all, if Cisco management really expected a near-term resumption of growth and competitiveness, they wouldn't be cutting so many people.
This development if seen should create scope for a move higher towards its YTD high standing at 1.7041 with a breach triggering its medium term resumption and pushing it further towards its .50 Ret (2. 1160-1.3501 decline) at 1.7314 ahead of the 1.7630 level, its Oct 12'08 high.
This victory and its medium term resumption is coming on the back of a corrective decline to as low as 1.4625 level on Nov
"With the protection, the resumption is a new starting point for the international shipping of the Mekong River," said He Jingtao, vice director of Xishuangbanna's maritime bureau, where the Guanlei port is located, according to Xinhua.
Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq said Sunday that trading would go ahead Tuesday, calling the resumption important and saying any delay would be "a threat to the reputation and credibility of the bourse and its ability to attract investors and companies in the long term."
House Armed Services Committee Chairman Buck McKeon, R-Calif., called the resumption of military trials "a positive step in the right direction."
Without external help, namely a resumption of Western demand for Chinese exports, the government pump will be the only thing preventing China's V-shaped recovery from turning W-shaped.