from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of postponing or deferring.
- noun The act of discontinuing a meeting of a public or private body or the transaction of any business until a fixed date or indefinitely. The period during which a public body adjourns its sittings: as, during an adjournment of six weeks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of adjourning; the putting off till another day or time specified, or without day.
- noun The time or interval during which a public body adjourns its sittings or postpones business.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The state of being
- noun The action of
- noun rhetoric
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of postponing to another time or place
- noun the termination of a meeting
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.