from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The act or process of retrieving.
- noun Computers The process of accessing information from memory or other storage devices.
- noun The possibility of being retrieved or restored.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act or process of retrieving; recovery; restoration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act retrieving.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun the act of
retrievingor something retrieved
- noun computing the operation of
accessing data, either from memoryor from a storage device
- noun the
cognitiveprocess of bringing stored informationinto consciousness
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of regaining or saving something lost (or in danger of becoming lost)
- noun the cognitive operation of accessing information in memory
- noun (computer science) the operation of accessing information from the computer's memory
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.