from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A printing device used in some electric typewriters and printers, consisting of printing characters fixed at the ends of spokes on a wheel.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a wheel around which is a set of print characters that make a typing impression on paper


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • Hmmmm. The screeching those printers tended to make put me on edge.

    March 16, 2011

  • A delightful term, this.

    March 16, 2011


    March 16, 2011