from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A private school for pupils living at home.
- noun A school that holds classes during the day.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A school the sessions of which are held during the day: opposed to night-school.
- noun A school in which the pupils are not boarded: distinguished from
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A school attended during the day, as opposed to a
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a school building without boarding facilities
- noun a school giving instruction during the daytime
- noun a private school taking day students only
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.