from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Law An official order implementing a jury's sentence of death and setting the date for the execution of the defendant.
- noun Something that destroys hope or expectation; a deathblow.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In law, an order from the proper authority for the execution of a criminal.
- noun Figuratively, anything which puts an end to hope or expectation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A warrant that authorizes
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a warrant to execute the death sentence
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.