from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To make a god of; raise to the condition of a god.
- transitive verb To worship or revere as a god.
- transitive verb To idealize; exalt.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To make a god of; exalt to the rank of a deity; enroll among the gods.
- To regard as an object of worship; adore or worship as a deity.
- To make godlike; exalt spiritually.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To make a god of; to exalt to the rank of a deity; to enroll among the deities; to apotheosize.
- transitive verb To praise or revere as a deity; to treat as an object of supreme regard.
- transitive verb To render godlike.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To make a
godof (something or someone).
- verb transitive To treat as
worthyof worship; to regard as a deity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb consider as a god or godlike
- verb exalt to the position of a God
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The story that accompanied the cover shoot did not "deify" the Palins or their choices, nor did it push any sort of policy.
(changed "deify" to "lionize". not sure atheists are into deifying) '' 'Liberal denial' '' is the tendency of [[liberals]] to conceal, deny or censor the truth for ideological reasons.
“Wittynamehere,” when you wrote the words “deify the incontinence of the one true word of the almighty,” what did you mean by that?
Pretend that you know something about the Constitution, deify Reagan, whine about radicals, talk like a tough guy, invoke freedom, and repeat.
Wittynamehear: “We will shout, we will harken, we will deify the incontinence of the one true word of the almighty!”
You deify your politics and ascribe your political positions as those of your “god” without so much as a hint of biblical basis for your assertion or belief.
A God who doesn't deify man can't have any appeal, whether he exists or not.
But Reagan's damage was done long ago -- and those who have swallowed the myth whole continue to propagate it, while attempting to deify him.
There is a clear determination to deify these former prisoners.
Do they really need to deify and demean their political opponent at the same time?
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.