from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large retail store offering a variety of merchandise and services and organized in separate departments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large shop containing many different departments each of which deals in different goods or services.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A store keeping a great variety of goods which are arranged in several departments.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large store or shop in which many different lines of retail business are carried on under one general management, such as the sale of fabrics, clothing, shoes, hats, jewelry, toys, household utensils, groceries, books, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large retail store organized into departments offering a variety of merchandise; commonly part of a retail chain
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.