from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Suitable for development, often specifically for construction
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being developed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of developing or of being developed.
- In geometry, reducible to a plane by bending: applied to a particular species of ruled surface, otherwise called a torse, which is conceived as formed by an infinite succession of straight lines, each intersecting the next.
- n. In geometry, a singly infinite continuous succession of straight lines, each intersecting the next; a torse.
- If, in the series given for a function by a development formula, the general expression for the error decreases indefinitely as we increase the number of terms, the sum will approach as its limit the value of the function, which is then said to be developable.
Slide 12: Types of Assessments & Reports Career Development Planning For individual - Talent Audit used ∞ 1. to determine "developable" competencies 2. to provide coaching, mentoring relationship, training etc.
"developable" surfaces -- curved surfaces that can be flattened without deformation and so can be cut from plywood, metal, etc.
With 26 acres and more than 12 million square feet of potential developable space overtop Hudson Yards competes with the rebuilding of the World Trade Center site as New York's current, highest-profile development effort.
But Greece isn't precisely sure what it has, let alone what it is really worth now and whether buyers will regard it as developable.
The plan would add the Javits site as another prime parcel of developable land in a fast-growing part of Manhattan near the Related Cos.'
As of Dec. 31, Sun Hung Kai's Hong Kong land bank totaled 42.3 million square feet, and it also held more than 26 million square feet of agricultural land that can be converted into developable area.
On Battery Park's last two developable sites, Milstein Properties is constructing two more residential buildings that are set to be finished in 2011 — the 32-story Liberty Luxe and 22-story Liberty Green buildings.
Following the Cleveland model, the 12 acres in downtown Newark, N.J., occupied by the New Jersey Performing Arts Center include eight "developable parcels," Mr. Goldman said.
I was the first Mountain Party person elected to office: the mayorship of the dying but developable, historic town of Richwood.
Setbacks eat up the developable volume, reduce profits, and impose a cost.