from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Not up to expectations or hopes.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Causing disappointment; not equal to or falling short of one's expectation; unsatisfactory.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun the act of disappointing someone.
- adjective defeating one's expectations or hopes; failing to fulfill one's expectations or hopes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective That disappoints or disappoint.
- verb Present participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective not up to expectations
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.