from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove the entrails from.
- transitive v. To deprive of meaning or substance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To take or let out the bowels or interior parts of; to eviscerate.
- v. To take or draw from the body, as the web of a spider.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To take or let out the bowels or interior parts of; to eviscerate.
- transitive v. To take or draw from the body, as the web of a spider.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of the bowels, or of parts analogous to the bowels; eviscerate: as, to disembowel a carcass; to disembowel a book by tearing out leaves.
- To wound in the abdomen in such a manner as to permit the bowels to protrude or escape, as in suicide by hara-kiri.
- To take or draw from the bowels, as the web of a spider.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the entrails of
I learned the word "disembowel" at age 5 because of him.
R. Allen Stanford says he has a wallet full of useless credit cards, three suits, an attorney he can't pay and an enormous amount of frustration and anger over the way he's seen the government "disembowel" the financial empire it took him 25 years to build.
He twisted up one leg, and with the foot (or hind-hand) made so savage an onslaught upon my abdomen as to threaten to disembowel me.
Peel and disembowel your squirrel (purist torturers may wish to do this before the bludgeoning, as it can improve the flavour).
They did not quite endorse "dismember and disembowel" as a workable alternative.
Even Mother Theresa, given the chance, would disembowel one with a clean mayoko giri.
My guess is it will be either when they disembowel Dimon with a rusty, dull hacksaw, or when they tie Dimon to the 4 horses.
Should she just disembowel herself on the Capitol steps so she no longer has to live with the shame?
It would have been super appropriate to show a scene of Logan laying on the ground, charred and disembowel ed and healing back up.
There is a huge difference between children reading "Grimm's Fairy Tales" and being asked to take part in a virtual exercise, or being allowed to, in which you disembowel or you can choose to rape the victim--that is, unless the victim is naked.