from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having two kinds of young.
- adj. Producing only two eggs in a clutch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two kinds of young, as certain annelids.
- adj. Producing only two eggs for a clutch, as certain birds do.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, having twins; producing two at a birth; also, laying two eggs, as the pigeon and humming-bird.
- Producing two kinds of young, as some worms.
Ancient Greek twice + a bringing forth, offspring. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.