from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective That dives or is used or diving.
- adjective (Zoöl.) any beetle of the family
Dytiscidæ, which habitually lives under water; -- called also water tiger.
- adjective a hollow inverted vessel, sometimes bell-shaped, in which men may descend and work under water, respiration being sustained by the compressed air at the top, by fresh air pumped in through a tube from above.
- adjective See Submarine armor, under
- adjective a kind of jasper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
- noun The action of the verb to
divein any sense.
- noun The sport of jumping head first into water.
- noun The practice of swimming underwater, especially using a
scubasystem, and especially for recreation.
- noun attributively, as a modifier Of, relating to or used in diving (jumping into water).
- noun attributively, as a modifier Of, relating to or used in diving (swimming underwater).
- adjective That or who dives or dive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an athletic competition that involves diving into water
- noun a headlong plunge into water
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.