from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The business of a bank.
- noun The occupation of a banker.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The business or employment of a banker; the business carried on by a bank.
- Pertaining to or conducted by a bank: as, banking operations.
- noun The act of raising a mound or bank, or of inclosing with a bank.
- noun The bank or mound raised; anything piled up to serve as a bank, as a raised edging of wax on a plate that is to be treated with acids for etching.
- noun A general term for fishing as practised on the banks of Newfoundland.
- noun In coal-mining, the sorting or loading of coals “at bank,” or at the mouth of the shaft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The business of a bank or of a banker.
- noun an establishment or office in which, or a firm by whom, banking is done.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
businessof managing a bank
- noun The
occupationof managing or working in a bank
- noun aviation A
- verb Present participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun engaging in the business of keeping money for savings and checking accounts or for exchange or for issuing loans and credit etc.
- noun transacting business with a bank; depositing or withdrawing funds or requesting a loan etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.