from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having two faces or aspects.
- adj. Usable on both sides: double-faced fabric.
- adj. Duplicitous; hypocritical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having two functional faces.
- adj. deceitful; hypocritical; treacherous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two faces designed for use.
- adj. Deceitful; hypocritical; treacherous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having two faces or aspects: as, the double-faced god Janus.
- Having both surfaces finished, so that either may be used as the right side: as, a double-faced cloth, shawl, or other fabric.
- Deceitful; hypocritical; practising duplicity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of fabrics) having faces on both sides
- adj. marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another
Sorry, no etymologies found.
He wreaks His vengeance through them against whomsoever He wishes among His slaves It is unthinkable that those who are double-faced among them should prosper over the faithful.
From double-faced wool jackets to silk trousers and waist-cut coats, I love the simple, the beautiful and the quiet refinement that only a caliber of clothing can bring.
He summarizes an official document he saw that proposed China adopt a "double-faced" strategy for dealing with the Vatican: "Little by little" the government would "attract" the bishops to their side, Cardinal Zen says.
This season, his Paveau dress in plum, double-faced wool (£ 1,150), with flattering signature folding in the front (perfect for covering up any potential "issues") has been a huge seller on net-a-porter. com.
The boy-meets-girl mood comes from heavy double-faced cashmere cut into flirty, 1950s-style dresses.
But, sitting in a customer-less furniture store in downtown Williamsburg, Ky., appliance repairman Herschel Roaden, 82, said he thought Rogers was being "double-faced."
Take a lace t-shirt with leather trim or the double-faced cashmere fleece sweatshirt embellished with lace.
When you are thinking New Lounge, think luxy cashmere comfort of the sort available to those of us who buy regularly from U.K. label Bamford, where the soft wool is not just an option but a vital ingredient check out their cashmere double-faced poncho, £1,195, and their wool cashmere straight-legged trousers, £275.
Crew double-faced cashmere sweatshirt points to what she is wearing.
Lanvin's Alber Elbaz took a lavish yet unstructured approach with his wilted washed-taffeta version, while Ralph Lauren went old Hollywood with a luminous silver trench in double-faced charmeuse silk.