from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or occurring in a tube, such as the fallopian tube or the eustachian tube.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a tube.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a tube; specifically, of or pertaining to one of the Fallopian tubes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In medicine, of or relating to one of the passages called tubes in the body, more commonly the Fallopian tube.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to occurring in a tube such as e.g. the Fallopian tube or Eustachian tube
I am not from Mexico or South America- does anyone know if the term tubal ligation is well know?
The risk of a tubal is so unnecessary for my wife and I.
About one in four U.S. married women opt for sterilization, also known as tubal ligation, or tube-tying.
Because of the tubal ligation I had after the twins were born, we needed to find a doctor who could perform a reversal, called a tubal reanastomosis.
An ectopic pregnancy occurs when the fertilized egg implants itself outside the uterus, usually in the wall of a fallopian tube called a tubal pregnancy but sometimes in the cervix, ovary, or abdomen.
· For women, the operation is called a tubal ligation, which means to tie the tubes.
The surgery, known as tubal ligation, involves blocking the fallopian tubes that connect the ovaries with the uterus.
This common procedure, called tubal ligation, is done thousands of times each and every year throughout the United States and all over the world.
Sterilization in women, known as tubal ligation, involves the blocking or severing of the fallopian tubes, which transport the ovum.
By BOLA NOHO and FABIAN HAKALITS Tokai Mebel went under the knife in a procedure known as tubal ligation and thought she would never have any children again but she was wrong.