from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A low table with a mirror at which one sits while applying makeup. Also called vanity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A low table or chest of drawers with a mirror at which one sits while dressing, applying makeup or similar tasks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a table, usually having a vertical back piece containing a mirror, at which a person may sit while dressing or applying makeup, and on which articles for the toilet stand. It often has drawers for toiletries, clothing, or accessories. It is also called a vanity or vanity table.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A table provided with conveniences for adjusting the dress; a toilet-table.
- n. A dressing-bench.
- n. A bench on which ores are sorted.
- n. A machine for dressing, truing, and straightening stereotype plates. See stereotype.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. low table with mirror or mirrors where one sits while dressing or applying makeup
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.