from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A low table with a mirror at which one sits while applying makeup.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A table provided with conveniences for adjusting the dress; a toilet-table.
- noun A dressing-bench.
- noun A bench on which ores are sorted.
- noun A machine for dressing, truing, and straightening stereotype plates. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun a table, usually having a vertical back piece containing a mirror, at which a person may sit while dressing or applying makeup, and on which articles for the toilet stand. It often has drawers for toiletries, clothing, or accessories. It is also called a
vanityor vanity table.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A low
tableor chest of drawerswith a mirrorat which one sitswhile dressing, applying makeupor similar tasks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun low table with mirror or mirrors where one sits while dressing or applying makeup
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.