from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Polyodon spathula, one of the ganoid fishes of the order Salachostomi. Two species are known inhabiting fresh waters of the United States and China.
- noun The duck-billed platypus, Ornithorhynchus paradoxus, a monotrematous oviparous mammal of Australia, having a horny beak like a duck's, whence the name. Also
duck-mole. See Ornithorhynchus.
- noun Same as
duck-billed speculum(which see, under speculum).
- noun [In allusion to the shape of the toe.] A broad-toed shoe of the fifteenth century.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Zoöl.) See Duck mole, under
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
- noun The
- noun The
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun small densely furred aquatic monotreme of Australia and Tasmania having a broad bill and tail and webbed feet; only species in the family Ornithorhynchidae
- noun primitive fish of the Mississippi valley having a long paddle-shaped snout
- adjective having a beak resembling that of a duck
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Walter: re the big Darne: it does indeed have rifle sights in what they call a "duckbill" or half rib.
- A "duckbill" valve has been installed at the outfall to prevent rising river waters from backing into the stream during major flooding events.
An audio interview with David Mitchell is as rare as a duckbill platypus sighting.
All Comments from duckbill wrote 49 weeks 15 hours ago
I wondered whether the Chaits had a duckbill dinosaur, my favorite growing up, with the possible exception of the brontosaurus.
Explain to the children that the tarantula and duckbill platypus began as ideas in the mind of God.
Some polar dinosaurs, particularly larger taxa such as the duckbill Edmontosaurus Lambe, 1917, were biomechanically and energetically capable of migrating over long distances, up to 2600 km.
Yo! city of port lavaca child minstrel duckbill check valves MSA READING burdines dept store morbid angel tab strapless gel bra City hall haverhill pvif table countertop kitchen sink
Having perfected the art of extracting DNA from amber-encased insects, Cano is using the same technology to fish for DNA directly from the fossils of duckbill dinosaurs.