from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of numerous beetles of the family Elateridae; a click beetle.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or pertaining to the Elateridæ.
- noun One of the Elateridæ; a click-beetle, spring-beetle, or skipjack.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun zoology Any member of the Elateridae.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of various widely distributed beetles
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From New Latin Elatēridae, family name, from Greek elatēr, driver; see elater.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.