from The Century Dictionary.
- Lying upon, distributed over, or pertaining to the abdomen or the stomach. Also, rarely, epigastræal, epigastral, epigastrial.
- Superficial, a recurrent branch of the femoral supplying: the abdominal walls below the umbilicus.
- Superior, the abdominal branch of the internal mammary.
- noun An epigastric artery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Anat.) Pertaining to the epigastrium, or to the epigastric region.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Over the stomach; -- applied to two of the areas of the carapace of crabs.
- adjective (Anat.) An arbitrary division of the abdomen above the umbilical and between the two hypochondriac regions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or pertaining to the
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective lying on or over the stomach
- adjective of or relating to the anterior walls of the abdomen
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The middle region of the upper zone is called the epigastric; and the two lateral regions, the right and left hypochondriac.
The middle region of the upper zone is called the epigastric, and the two lateral regions the right and left hypochondriac.
In the psychiatric unit, the patient became agitated and complained of headache, epigastric tenderness and a dry mouth.
Last October my son was diagnosed with an epigastric hernia.
Her abdomen was soft, with mild epigastric tenderness and no rebound organomegaly.
• Pain in your stomach epigastric pain or your right side under your ribs, or possible pain in your shoulder or lower back
Pain in your stomach epigastric pain or your right side under your ribs, or possible pain in your shoulder or lower back
A Korean who feels the epigastric pain of fire illness is expressing distress over an interpersonal conflict or a collective experience of injustice.
Anxiety, agitation, insomnia, dizziness, epigastric heaviness (feeling full) Aricept An Alzheimer's drug that may also enhance memory in healthy adults.
A newer version of the flap–tummy tuck method is called DIEP reconstruction deep inferior epigastric perforator reconstruction, which uses the same fatty tissue from the tummy but leaves your abdominal muscles intact.