from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An edible snail, especially one prepared as an appetizer or entrée.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dish, commonly associated with French cuisine, consisting of edible snails.
- n. A snail (often Helix pomatia) used in preparation of the dish of the same name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any edible terrestrial snail prepared as food; as a dish, it is usually served in the shell with a sauce of melted butter and garlic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. edible terrestrial snail usually served in the shell with a sauce of melted butter and garlic
Go to Bobby D's, a 50's style diner, for hamburgers, hot dogs and macaroni and cheese, try Scooners Restaurant, overlooking Grace Bay Beach, for fabulous seafood options and feast like the French at the adult-only Le Petit Chateau where the escargot is a gourmet favorite.
Do like we did and class up your pitcher of PBR with the escargot, which is much better than it should be at $6.
It's sort of a Hollywood ending with escargot, which is not the least of Woody's inside jokes.
The escargot was another appetizer that was presented simply but has so many layers to it.
Chefs have been dressing up undesirable food items forever--who would order snails or slugs if they weren't listed on the menu as "escargot"?
Robert said he paid special attention to the languages of origin as he ploughed through words like "escargot" (French), "edelweiss" (German) and "barukhzy" (Pashto).
They call it "escargot," but they're not referring to snails in a buttery/garlic sauce.
Truckers have joined the protest, running so-called "escargot"
Truckers have joined the protest, running so-called "escargot" operations in which they drive at a snail's pace on highways.
Some truckers staged "escargot," or snail protests, driving in teams very slowly on the highways; others blocked fuel depots or vowed to stop distributing cash to A.T.M.'s.