from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Occurring at an unspecified time in the future.
- adjective Archaic Dependent on circumstance; contingent.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to the event or issue; happening or to happen or exist finally; ultimate: as, his eventual success was unexpected.
- Contingent upon a future or as yet unknown event; depending upon an uncertain event; that may happen or come about: as, an eventual succession.
- Synonyms Ultimate, Conclusive, etc. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Coming or happening as a consequence or result; consequential.
- adjective Final; ultimate.
- adjective (Law) Dependent on events; contingent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Pertaining to
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective expected to follow in the indefinite future from causes already operating
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French éventuel, from Latin ēventus, outcome; see event.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.