from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Influence by external forces.
- n. Growth on the outside or near the surface.
- n. A division of woody plants whose stem is formed by successive accretions to the outside of the wood under the bark
- n. A phase in the life cycle of a hair follicle in which a hair exits the follicle.
- n. Exogamy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as exogamy.
- n. In sporozoans, sporulation taking place after the cyst has left the host, as in Gregarinida and Coccidiidea generally. See endogeny.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Turanian, and a highly gifted sketch of the main phases of human evolution; to MacLennan -- the law of exogeny; and to Fison and