from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Same as
- noun In sporozoans, sporulation taking place after the cyst has left the host, as in
Gregarinidaand Coccidiidea generally. See endogeny.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Influence by external forces.
- noun Growth on the outside or near the surface.
- noun botany A division of woody plants whose stem is formed by successive accretions to the outside of the wood under the bark
- noun anatomy A phase in the life cycle of a hair
folliclein which a hair exits the follicle.
- noun anthropology
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Turanian, and a highly gifted sketch of the main phases of human evolution; to MacLennan -- the law of exogeny; and to Fison and