from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To dry up or cause to dry up.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to dry, to desiccate, to dehydrate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To exhaust or evaporate moisture from; to dry up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To dry; remove moisture from by evaporation or absorption.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. lose water or moisture
And _exsiccate_ to a _Cuticle_, he could not _suspend_ longer in his _Vehicle_, but _precipitated Gradatim, per_