from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A startling or shocking revelation.
- noun A drink of liquor taken to stimulate, especially upon awakening.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun That which makes the eyes open, as startling news or occurrence; something which causes one to suddenly understand what was not previously known.
- noun U. S. Slang A drink of liquor, especially the first one in the morning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun something surprising and revealing
- noun an alcoholic drink intended to wake one up early in the morning
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.