from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A disk attached to the mandrel of a lathe to hold the work to be turned.
- n. The glass front of a cathode-ray tube upon which the image is displayed.
- n. A protective plate covering the human face, as of a welder or diver.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A removable protective shield separating the inner workings of a machine from operator and observer.
- n. A rigid flat surface that has an active role in the interaction of a device with an operator or user.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a protective covering for the front of a machine or device (as a door lock or computer component)
Not every watch that says ‘ROLEX’ on the faceplate is in fact a ROLEX.
All I can see through the faceplate is infinite space salted with Christmas-light stars.
The only drawbacks to purchasing a faceplate is the fact that it only covers the front of your console and the lack of variety.
It is vital to keep closed that faceplate which is pretense.
The only downside of this is the lens 'positioning towards the top right hand corner of the faceplate, meaning that, as with Sony Cyber-shots and Mjus, unwanted fingertips can stray into frame when gripping the camera in both hands to take a steadier shot.
The problem stems from the "faceplate" maximum power load recommendations that hardware vendors place on their products, according to Mark Linesch, HP's vice president for enterprise storage and server software.
Dropkick didn't use the usual "one giant lens" head most of the videogame Decepticons had (and the toys based on them), but rather a variation on the standard "faceplate" Autobot noggin.
I'll even pay top dollar for it if I can get an official upgrade program (simple swap of a motherboard by an authorized dealer for a few hundred dollars) and some kind of faceplate/skin system (so it looks like new each time I want it to or can take the sea salt when I'm at the marina or can take a drop when I'm hiking or is ultra thin when I'm on a plane etc) and freedom to run the OS I want choose without compromise (I'm not saying give me an OS Warranty or support for each one but allow them ... document hardware, make drivers source code available) - Andriod, Win7/XP, Linux, OS X, OpenSolaris ...
I also blew the faceplate sticker off of simply stuck it back on.
I blew the Chrony faceplate sticker off of it, and simply stuck it back on to the front of the Chrony.