from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. So as to cause death; mortally: fatally injured.
- adv. So as to result in disaster or ruin.
- adv. According to the decree of fate; inevitably.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a fatal manner; lethally.
- adv. Ultimately, with finality or irrevocability, moving towards the demise of something.
- adv. Fatedly; according to the dictates of fate or doom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a manner proceeding from, or determined by, fate.
- adv. In a manner issuing in death or ruin; mortally; destructively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- By a decree of fate or destiny; by inevitable predetermination.
- In a manner leading to death or ruin; mortally; disastrously: as, the encounter ended fatally; the prince was fatally deceived.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with fatal consequences or implications
Zwelithini, have so far rejected the elections, saying they refuse to legitimise what they call a fatally flawed constitution that does not grant their region sufficient independence.
Her history is what Rove was talking about when he called her fatally flawed.
Even supposing that I have the most "modern" (that is, merely the latest) criticism to hand, and even supposing that by some omniscience of mine I can tell which is "the best" (that is, which part of it has really proved most ample, most painstaking, most general, and most sincere), even then the phrase fatally condemns me.
The 24-year-old from Lillehammer was unfazed by a final 8km from the summit of the Cote de Pramartino labelled "fatally dangerous" by two-time Tour runner-up Andy Schleck before the stage.
Tour de France rider had called "fatally dangerous," Voeckler, a Frenchman who leads the Tour standings with only four days to go, nearly crashed out of the race.
Trooper responding to domestic call fatally shot in northwestern Pa., search on for gunman
With Sachin Tendulkar calling fatally for a non-existent single to cover (Dhoni responding before saying no), India at tea led by 252 but with only four wickets in reserve.
Backer of gay marriage ban warned that activists would try to legalize sex with children Trooper responding to domestic call fatally shot in northwestern Pa., search on for gunman Reporter falls, clashes with adviser while trying to question Democrat seeking Kennedy's seat Senate chairman says US should consider drone attacks against al-Qaida in Yemen A step closer to Guinea, wounded leader seen as danger to return to civilian rule Yahoo supports Google's actions in China, won't say whether it will sell holdings in country Israel apologizes to Turkey over insult to its ambassador, hoping to defuse latest crisis
On Tuesday, De Kock told the TRC that he hit Maponya twice over the head after he had been "fatally" shot to make sure the man was dead.
New Line Cinema won’t be bringing any of Steve Alten’s shark series Meg to the big screen after 2 years of failed attempts by the studio have seen the sword fatally put through it.