from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of feed.
- n. The activity of feeding an animal.
- n. An instance of feeding of an animal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the act of eating, or of supplying with food; the process of fattening.
- n. That which is eaten; food.
- n. That which furnishes or affords food, especially for animals; pasture land.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of taking or giving food; the act of eating or of giving to eat.
- n. That which is eaten.
- n. That which furnishes food, especially for animals; pasture-land.
- n. In printing (press-work), the placing of separate sheets of paper in position, so that they can be printed or ruled by a printing- or a ruling-machine. Also called, in England, laying-on.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of consuming food
- n. the act of supplying food and nourishment
Sorry, no etymologies found.
IV. iv.169 (339,2) [a worthy feeding] I conceive _feeding_ to be a
Interestingly, the term feeding frenzy is based on accounts of groups of sharks making passes at their victims and becoming so passionate that sometimes they mistakenly take a bite out of each other.
BRODSKY: Well, it ` s like feeding -- what we call feeding the beast, to some extent.
Jonny said: For me personally, it has been important that this has always been an aspiration of ours and although it has its basis in sport and we carry that in the functional side of the clothing tailoring, it is not about a short term feeding off the back of anything that has happened to me and my career of rugby.
Officials bewailed what they called the feeding of false information to certain quarters, which are now questioning the NIA project.
Wisconsin Deer Baiting and Wildlife Feeding Regulations [PDF 243KB] pamphlet provides the regulations that are in place for counties where deer baiting and feeding is banned, as well as the regulations that have been developed in the counties where deer baiting and feeding is allowed, but regulated.
An idea that could be revived as third world countries need revenue and cost of feeding is way down, so pay that country a small fee, it beats the Dickens era and the rotting hulk scheme.
Their goal in feeding these people alarming lies was merely to harden opposition to Obama, to rouse up some street theater with the tea baggers, and to bring the yokels out to vote.
In fact, despite the fact that somebody tried to burn down a church as part of a political statement - I am uninterested in feeding the delusions of those who would argue otherwise* - federal law enforcement agencies are apparently not investigating this themselves.
Gravity feeding is allowing gravity to push the beer out of the keg into the glass under its own weight.